A Shift in the Thinking

2.10.2009

Another Tuesday night, another round of
Biggest Loser.

It's no secret that I'm a fan and find the
show to be a great source of inspiration.

But how many seasons have I sat and watched
every single episode knowing I need to make
a change in my lifestyle while sitting on
the couch eating pizza, or corn dogs or just
plain unhealthy foods? Too many.

Tonight it was so different. I was getting
hungry for dinner and got me a little plate
with one stick of celery, a few black olives,
some pepper rings, about an 1/8 cup of
walnuts and about two tablespoons of hummus.

A smile came to my face as I realized the
difference. A couple of months back there
seemed to be a shift in my thinking. I was
losing weight, slowly, finally. And just
by what I was eating alone. Exercise is
still the missing factor, but that is all
about to change.

Stick around, subscribe to the blog and keep
your eyes peeled for photos and videos!

A recipe break: Homemade Hummus

If you happen to be a fan of hummus like
I am, you probably get tired of buying
those little containers at 4 bucks a pop.
And it's so easy to make.

12 oz. can of chick peas (aka garbanzo beans)
2 to 4 cloves of garlic
1 to 2 TBL. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TBL. Tahini
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Lemon Juice

Drain the Chick Peas and place them in
a food processor. Use the pulse button
to get the peas all ground up pretty
evenly. Stir any larger pieces of
the sides and add 1 to 2 Tablespoons
of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Blend

Add a tablespoon of Tahini, the juice
from half a lemon (more if you like),
2 to 4 cloves of lightly chopped garlic
(according to your taste) and if you
like a little zip, bang, pow, put in
just a pinch of cayenne pepper.

Close the lid and let all the ingredient
blend for about 2 minutes.

That's it. It's easy, it's fast,
and it's good for you.

Until next time...

0 comments:

Losing Weight The Old Fashioned Way Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino