The Red Carpet

2.22.2009

Ok, I promised the recipe for a great
pizza sauce.

I took this one from the Southbeach Diet
basically and just enhanced it a touch.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup tomato puree
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried thyme

Directions:

Combine all in small saucepan and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, or until sauce thickens.

That is the basic recipe for one pizza.
I use light sauce and slices of tomatoes
on the pizza, so this is plenty for two
pizzas the way I do it.

I also add garlic in one of two ways.
The easy way is to just add garlic
powder and stir in before cooking.

My favorite way is to add about 2
large finely minced garlic cloves to
the mix and then cook the sauce.
~Yummy~

I also like to take about a 1/4 cup
of Olive Oil and heat it slowly with
several finely minced garlic cloves.
Just sautee' until the garlic is soft.
Use a low heat so you don't burn the
garlic!

Now when your pizza dough is ready
to add the toppings,
brush the garlic/olive oil mixture
on the raw dough before spooning on
your pizza sauce.

Garlic gives everything a "kick" that
is so good!

Enjoy the show!

0 comments:

Losing Weight The Old Fashioned Way Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino