My Kingdom for a Good Tomato!

4.02.2009

Changing to a healthy lifestyle includes
eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
But finding a really good tomato is almost
impossible.

Tomatoes have to be picked before they are
actually ripe so they can be shipped and
arrive at their destination before they
go bad. For us that means never getting
a tomato that actually tastes like a
tomato!

I am sick of lousy tomato taste, so this
year I planted a little garden. I have
two kinds of tomatoes!

I hope to have enough to share with
friends. I live in an apartment, so
I recruited some space in my aunt's back
yard. She is providing the land, and
I'll share the fresh veggies. I know
this is really a southern thang, but I
can hardly wait to make a fresh batch
of okra and tomatoes from the garden.

It's not too late to plant a garden
in most parts of the country. I got
little plants that were already started
instead of starting from seed so it's
all good to go now.

Here's to fresh home grown veggies!

0 comments:

Losing Weight The Old Fashioned Way Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino